Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kansas Fun





So there is much to show of what's happened over the last month. I will put some highlight pics up - and some blurb highlights...

* Wyatt came off Prevacid for a week, started throwing up again so is back on until next Doc check up
* We went to KC from Aug 5-15 for my gma's 90th bday!
*KC highlights (not limited to) gma bday party; getting toes done with my niece, sis-in-law, mom, and daughter for the first time; alone time w/ my niece doing make-overs; going to Great Wolfe Lodge complete w/ indoor water park; watching Caroline go down big water slide w/ my dad; Wyatt got sick w/ 102 fever (not a great highlight, but one none the less); going swimming in the pond w/ my kids that I grew up swimming in (weird but wonderful); a 4 hour dinner out on the back porch w/ my parents, Darren and Teri, and Jason complete w/ shooting stars; 2.5 hour dinner w/ Darren and Teri where we just told the waiter to have the chef choose our meal...incredible; watching Caroline play w/ Mac Henry; seeing the fog roll in across the pasture; Jason getting an incredible call about a job opportunity while we were out there; continually loving the home where I grew up...realizing I may never live there again...

That last sentence is where my heart lies these days...I have now lived in Atlanta for 8 years. I came here Aug.1,2001...I truly never thought I'd be here this long, and have been almost awaiting the Lords voice of saying - "now go Home"...but I think the Lord is asking me to begin to emotionally call Atlanta home. Whenever I say the words home I am usually referring to Kansas...but after this last trip home, I have realized that I believe I am holding back my heart from Atlanta. I do love living here...but I think have always thought the Lord would take me back...home...but I think he's asking me to call Atlanta home...it is hard to even type those words...perhaps w/ saying it my heart will follow. I may just be one of those people that when asked "where are you from"...I will be able to say "Atlanta" and not have a pit in my stomach.

So that's where I am right now...Wyatt said "Mamma" on Sunday...amazing...truly!

Enjoy the pics.

No comments: