Sunday, July 15, 2007

To trust or not to trust




First of all the pics you'll see are: Caroline on the beach at Daytona Beach Shores, playing on floor w/ her daddy, and Seth Penley (one of Jason's closest buddies) holding her.

Lessons lately learned...or shall I say learning! In our family Jason is responsible for managing our families finances, and I am responsible for managing our home. With that of course is Caroline's well-being and currently for me that is nursing. I have noticed this last week how easy it is for me to trust the Lord w/ our finances. It is a done deal in my head even though we are functioning on one income now and things are tight...I just don't question the Lord's provision for us financially...however, Jason struggles trusting. I on the other hand seem to still question and wonder if Caroline is getting enough milk...and Jason looking in has no trouble trusting the Lord to provide enough milk for our daughter. Why am I so quick and almost defensive of the Lord (like he needs me to stand up for Him) to Jason that I KNOW He will provide for us financially, yet when it comes to him giving enough milk to CDH I question. "Ye of little faith"...shouldn't my trust in the Lord not be circumstantial? Shouldn't my trust in our ever sufficient and ever on time, and ever faithful Father be the same daily? Then I walk to the freezer and see a surplus of milk again...I see my daughter thriving, and I see that He has enabled us to pay all of our bills...He has met our needs.
Thank you Jesus.

No comments: