Thursday, July 5, 2007

Lil' Firecracker





Yesterday was CDH's first 4th of July! Jake and I went up to his Granparent Cruce's house at Lake Chatuge on Tuesday evening. Jason's Aunt and Uncle as well as his cousin Cammie and husband Kirk, and daughter Alana (sorry if i misspelled), and his parents were there. Caroline had an eventful day of boating (her first trip), swimming in a little swimming pool, and nodding off by the end of the day.
I missed my fam back in Kansas for sure...there was no homemade icecream the way mom does it, and no watermelon seed spitting contest (these are musts if you didn't know) and of course we missed kids blowing firecrackers up in there hands accidentally...not that that ever happened to me growing up! :) All that said...Kansas sure didn't have the gorgeous view of the N.Georgia mountains, and the lake! So...what's a girl to do! I am just forever thankful that Jason and I live by family, and a great family at that!

Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.