Thursday, October 25, 2007

Firsts

Caroline and I have made it back from Kansas with several firsts now under out belt!
It was great to go home, see a Kansas sunset, splash in the hot tub w/ my niece and nephews, eat mom's good cooking...laugh w/ my brother and at my brother...see Daddy's smile and loud booming laugh, and watch mom work w/ kids at her school...home is good.
CDH and I however got hit w/ the sickness...the day after we arrived CDH got her first fever 102.2...thankful that she's been here for 7 months and this was her first fever. She recovered nicely w/ a little infant tylenol. I began to battle the chest/head cold...then when we went to Wichita to help Eastside Community Church launch KidStuf and CDH got the pukes that her cousin passed around our whole family...she was #5 to go down and I was #6...thank goodness for Grammy to help out w/ both girls down for the count w/ the pukes. Then on Monday CDH began to cut the first of two teeth...the other one she is working on today I believe. For all of you first time mom's out there the poo that happens w/ teeth is amazing...Jason and I have termed it "cement poo"!
Again...who knew I would talk as much about boobs and poo as I have these past 7 months.

We arrived back home last night and are adjusting back to life here. Good to be in our own beds...toys...dogs...

Oh yeah...one of the best parts of the trip...my roomie surprised me and flew to KC on Sunday to hang w/ me and my fam for a couple of days. What a good husband!

No comments: