Friday, June 5, 2009

Wyatt





My dear sweet Son: Tonight I looked at you laying in your crib, comfortable, arms out, breathing easy, and I am thankful. You are 6 months old today. They have flown, the days, they are just gone before I feel like I can truly capture them in my heart. Your smile does something to me...those dimples...the way your eyes light up...your slathering of kisses on my cheek...you are my son and I Love being your mom!
You conquered so much in your first few weeks here on earth that amazingly I have almost forgotten about that time of the NICU and Scottish Rite. Honestly, there were moments when you were so sick before we knew why, when I looked at Jason and said that I was scared that the Lord was only going to have you here for a short while...but then...you got better after 9 long days at the hospital...we came home finally celebrated Christmas, Grammy went back to Kansas, and you-me-Caroline and Daddy figured it out...how to be a family of 4.
Did I mention that I love being your mom?

You babble and squeal and I love it.
You still cry during feeding times, I don't know why...but we've got our way.
You are a snuggler.
You delight in people.
You love your neck to be kissed.
You think your sister is pretty darn fun to watch.
You think Caroline is funny.
You love bath time.
You calm to the song "Jesus Loves Me"
You delight in most things....

I delight in you!

I know you will never be this small again. I can't dwell on sadness of today gone, b/c I know that tomorrow will be so much fun!

Wyatt Christopher...I love you! I am proud of you! I have learned much from you already!
"Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory. That your hand would be with me, that you would keep me from harm that I may not cause pain." 1 Chron 4:10

No comments: