Monday, January 4, 2010

Great moments


There were so many great moments over the holiday (sans the puke, snot, and coughs) but one that I wanted to mention here, okay probably two or three (he he).

#1. When we were in the hospital with Wyatt during the holidays last year we were so moved by the people that loved on our family and brought Wyatt and Caroline gifts that we decided that would now become part of our family tradition. So on the Friday before we left for Kansas all 4 of us piled in the nasty weather to head down to Scottish Rite. We met up with my contact and handed her a bag of gifts for some other new born on the respiratory wing. There was no hoopla, no fan fare, but I was moved to tears as I shared w/ them what a wonderful experience we had had there (if that is possible in hospital), and that this would now be a part of our family experience. (see pic)

#2. Arriving in Kansas and my mom had arranged with the Children's Mercy Hospital there for us to bring gifts there as well. I was so moved as I watched each of my nephews, and niece, and Caroline as they handed the woman the gifts they had chosen and would honestly have loved to take home for themselves. I walked out of this hospital again moved and thankful that we weren't there this year, and thankful my boy is healthy.

#3. Last night in Kansas. Adult only dinner, crab legs, shrimp, and good wine. Great conversation. My dad asking each of us what we wanted them to pray for us for the year. I loved that both Jason and I without talking about it before hand said that we would make our marriage a purposeful priority this year! Oh what fun it is to be like minded.

Those are my top 3 highlights from the holiday. I am so thankful for family. Thankful I didn't have to do the puke, snot and coughing alone. Thankful for road trips. Thankful for a husband that takes me back home and loves it too. Thankful for Christmas snow. Thankful for Christ. Thankful for a healthy new nephew born on New Years Eve (Jeff and Edi had Caleb - son #2). Thankful!

No comments: