Wednesday, June 27, 2007

On the Road Again




Ahhh some Willy Nelson to kick off the morning...well Caroline and I head off to our 2nd camp for the summer tomorrow. We will be at Furman Univ. in South Carolina from Thur-Sun teaching the bible story segment during the main sessions. Last time it was pretty difficult for me, but CDH did awesome. We have switched her schedule now to the 4 hour feeding schedule, 7-11-3-7, then she goes down for the night until 7am the next morning. This schedule seems to really fit w/ her now. I think I was trying to do it too soon when I tried it @ 8, then 10 weeks...she has settled into it well.
The pics posted this week are some captures of Father's Day at Jake's parents house. Jeff and Edi (Jason's bro and wife) were still in town b/c of Edi's emergency appendectomy the weekend before...so all of the boys were at the Hodges house, and our two new babies were hanging together. Also you'll see a pic of Caroline's first adventure w/ cereal...hilarious. This week we got to add apples to her cereal...next week we add bananas!
So in watching a "House" rerun (we love this show) on TV the other night, one of the characters a little girl, was hurting...and it broke my heart to realize that there are going to be times, and actually already are times. when CDH is hurting and I will not be able to do anything to ease her pain. This is a hard realization as a parent. I know my p's had to go through it, realizing that they wouldn't be able to ease my pain all the time. Thank you Lord that you fill that gap. I do not know how people make it through life without knowing the Savior.

More later after our trip to Furman!

I love this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, those are the cutest babies
I have ever seen!
Their Mimi