Thursday, September 27, 2007

On Being Allison




Of course there are a few pics to satisfy those of you who need to see our girl...mom, dad...I must say that I thought the days of tank tops would be over for us by this time of year...but alas it has been another toasty week here in Atlanta.
I wanted to share some thoughts I have come to reckon with this past week. In earlier posts I mentioned struggling to know where Allison was anymore. I am wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt, friend...no longer an employee, self-employed you might say...but there is a role in there that is just woman or Allison. I have struggled in knowing where to find her again...Jason has mentioned me auditioning for a show around town and doing that and maybe that's where she would be. But alas, that would take me away from my family for so many nights that I couldn't do that quite yet...in this season at least. Then Jason mentioned, maybe it would be the contract work that I would do around town...KidStuf, JumpStarts, conferences, video shoots...but still that isn't where ALLISON lies. That is just another role of actor...or something like that. Then the other morning I actually got myself up out of bed before Caroline got up, made it downstairs and decided to spend some much needed time with our Lord. While journaling last Saturday morning I felt like the Lord was saying "This is where Allison is. Coming to me. You don't have to be wife or mom when you come to me....just come as Allison." Because see, when I met Him there that morning a sense of full-fillment came over me...I found Allison again in the quietness of my time. I have justified not spending time w/ Him b/c I didn't think I could do it 7 days a week like I used to when I was single. So, here I am saying it for all of you to read...I will spend at least 3 times a week with Him...finding Allison, journaling, being quiet enough to hear how he might mold "her" to then shape and mold those around me. Once Allison is filled, then the other roles I will become for the rest of the day will be affected by how I take care of me...just me...Allison.

2 comments:

maggiemae and family said...

is she getting her two top teeth? looks like it? she is a bug cant wait to see her in person!! BTW more than mom and dad want to see pics..thanks for posting!!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! First, im glad i started this, Caroline is... wonderful and seems like such a joy to be around, what a happy baby!!! Second, thanks for the blog. You always would say such profound things in KS and i looked forward to hearing it every Sunday i was there... i missed that and it was good to hear again.