Monday, September 17, 2007

Reflections

Dearest Caroline- As I type this you are sound asleep in your crib and the day is drawing to a close on now your 6 months here in our life. I can hardly believe that September 17 is already here. I looked at the calendar back in March and imagined what it would be like to know you for 6 months...and it doesn't to compare to reality. My darling daughter already I see a joyful spirit in you. I see a bit of a twinkle and onryness that I appreciate, as a fellow onry woman.
I see you learning things daily, like trying to sit up. Who knew the monumental hurdle this would be someday. I thought about that tonight as we sat on the blanket outside w/ daddy, and I was just sitting there, not a challenge at all, yet sometimes as you work on sitting up you fall over, you even spit up...yet you too will master this task, and somehow it will shape the way you develop.
I love how you seem totally fine, and we probably wouldn't know you were hungry until I lay you on my lap on the boppy, and all of a sudden the hunger reality hits you, and you begin to open your mouth and make wonderful moans for food.
I love how I can just say "mama" and your face lights up. I love how when daddy walks in the room and you hear his voice you take great delight. I love how you love to stomp on daddy's dresser and look in the mirror. I love how we can hear you in the early morning hours, not anxious about waking up, but rather waking up with a joy for the day and I know this because of how your talk to yourself experimenting with different sounds and volume levels.
I love bath time...you love bath time...
I love that you are in our family. I love that even now I believe you love daddy and me too.
I forever changed being your mom. I am forever thankful to the Lord for entrusting you to our care. I love you my first born. I love you daughter. I love you bunkin, squeedle, ...my little bug...I love you!

No comments: