Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas



Jason, Caroline and I had just that...a white Christmas back in KC. With all the droopy noses, and fevers of the week before on the lingering end we made the flight to KC and began a wonderful week of celebrating our Lord. There were great conversations with family, paper eaten by the two smallest of our brood, chocolate melting in the kitchen window sun, fights over how the new "big girl" car seat actually goes in the car, tears over my bro and sis-in-law loosing their baby (they were 6.5 weeks along), and now as I write this the patriarch of our family...PePaw is getting closer to knowing our Lord in the most intimate of ways we all dream about, heaven. So tonight I am pensive, being so far from my family tonight...Jason is in New Orleans at the Sugar Bowl...it is me, my thoughts, tears, and prayers for my grandfather. We pray things move swiftly in his 92 year old body.

I will post some outstanding pics from the week...they tell all...

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him all creatures here below.
Praise Him above ye heavenly host.
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
Amen"
(the Doxology was/is sung at every Unruh family gathering)

No comments: