Tuesday, January 8, 2008

PePaw

Thank you to those of you who have been praying for my family during this time. You know what...we are fine! It was a great celebration of him this past Saturday. It was so great to hear former students of my gpa's that were recounting lessons he'd taught or announcments he'd made on the intercom. Let's be honest...I can't tell you my middle school principal's name much less something he said over the intercom. What an amazing thing to hear about how my gpa was engaging, passionate, determined, hard working, and an influencer...
Funerals tend to make me a bit reflective on my own mortality. What is my/our family legacy? My grandfather's was one of service ... what will mine be. Am i grounded enough in my Lord to handle difficult seasons, to instill a sense of grace, peace, patience, purity into my children...

I pray that when I die...what will be said is that I loved my Lord, my husband and my children fearlessly. That I attacked life with reckless abandonment. That joy exuded from my mouth and actions.

I guess to take a NPCC principal.."Begin with the end in mind"...if I know what I want my legacy to be...the end...then if i begin with that...perhaps my life with have more purpose and direction.

No comments: