Wednesday, September 17, 2008

18 Months - So Fast


Dearest Caroline - Today you are 18 months - a year and a half!! You have invaded our hearts. You surprise my day. Teaching you how to pray brings me delight - you are my first born - my darling daughter - flesh of my flesh - and yet not mine at all! Thank you for all that you are letting the Lord teach me through you. To delight in the everyday...nothing is mundane! To relish a good bite of food w/ an "mmmmm", that squealing is totally appropriate, and that saying a word over and over b/c you like the sound of it must delight the Lord b/c he gave us sound!
Today you had your 18 month check up w/ Dr. Cox - you're a giant as always: 33 5/8 inches long (90%), and 22.2 lb (25%)! You are hitting all the milestone developmental things you should - a Dr. Cox loves that you like to eat your veggies frozen! Today though you've had 103 degree fever, so you've been a bit needy...you must not feel good my love b/c you've cried most of the afternoon/evening and that isn't your general disposition. It made mommy and daddy very thankful that you are in general a very healthy little girl! Thank you Lord!

I love you sweet Caroline - and just wanted you to know that today, Sept. 17, 2008 I love you!

No comments: