Friday, September 26, 2008

4 Years



I am so very thankful that as I woke up today the man beside me is Jason Hodges. Four years ago yesterday we were married. So for 4 years I have been able to wake up w/ him beside me. I am so very thankful. As I watched our rehearsal dinner video again it was so good to hear our premarried words talk about why we were marrying one another and what we wanted to take from our parents marriage into our own. Then as I watched our wedding ceremony - tears -of course - I heard Reggie share words that penetrated to my heart again. His challenge to me was that Jason would be my ministry. That I would use the gifts God has given me to pour out onto my husband. What a great reminder of that...Jason is my ministry.
I am thankful for a healthy marriage - a partnership - a covenant, not a contract...I am thankful we trust, we laugh, and we love! I am thankful it is Jason the Lord has given me...and Caroline...and Wyatt!

I love you Jake!

3 comments:

Kfranklin said...

oh such fun memories. what magic a can of off can create... :)

The Gerborgs said...

happy anniversary!

ers said...

sweet four years. right with you girlfriend.
i love that i got to share in your wedding and be in that wild west.