Sunday, October 26, 2008

Those moments

There are moments that you hope for as a believer. You pray that after years of walking with the Lord that we would hear his voice every now and then, that we might be quiet enough...or he be loud enough...or just that we would remember what His voice even sounds like. I had one of those moments.
Let me say first that the Lord has opened up a neat door for our family and for me personally. As most of you know that know us...or you wouldn't be reading this blog...I left KidStuf 19 months ago and honestly haven't looked back. I loved my time there, but when I felt like the Lord asked me to leave to stay at home and be a mom...I didn't think twice. Now that is not to say that I haven't missed it, but I have not wanted to go back.
I got a call 2ish weeks ago asking me to consider coming back to just Host KidStuf at Buckhead Church again...I had never thought they would ask...I had never thought I'd get to go back as an actor and not have to be there full time and in charge! What an answer to prayer this is for our family financially.
Well, to my "moment" with the Lord. Today was my first rehearsal with the new cast, on the stage I've never gotten to be on etc. I had been feeling guilty about the time that this would take me away from being a mom...and honestly it's not that much time...but I don't do anything else...so being away is big to me. I wasn't even out of my neighborhood when I felt like the Lord was saying to me, "Allison I am giving this back to you. This is for YOU, so you might have a personal ministry." Of course I started weeping. I am most always mom or wife, and almost never just Allison. The Lord was opening up an opportunity for me to be Allison and use the way he made ME to serve HIM! What a glorious Lord we have.
I just wanted to share, that my heart is so full tonight with this opportunity. I think this will in turn help me to be a better mom. I will love my kids watching me serve in my skill set. Thank you Lord for giving this back to me when I never would have dared asked you.

5 comments:

ers said...

praise the Lord!
way to go allison. and enjoy your mommy time away.
i want to see pics of the nursery and big girl bed!

thepettys said...

Allison-
That is such an awesome opportunity for you and all worked out in only timing the LORD could have. i'm so excited you will get to be on a stage again - and one you love!

Meredith said...

Allison-- I am so excited for you (and our families at BHC!). It is so exciting to see God working in your life. I think one of the hardest things for us to do is accept his blessings. Can't wait to see you back in this element!

Much love--Mer

Kfranklin said...

there is no one, not one person that i would rather see on that stage. who you are is amazing and the kids that will get to experience your love for Christ as well as your abilities as an actor will be blessed INDEED!! love you my friend. thanks for hiring me and can't wait to see you in your spot this Sunday!

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

awesome! i didn't know about this. you were meant to be on that stage. so many lives will be blessed to have you back. congrats!!!