Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cousins




Well little Miss Caroline and her new cousin (2.5 weeks old) Eli Hodges met on Friday for the first time. We have had an interesting weekend concerning little Eli and his mommy, Edi. Edi had to have an emergency apendectomy yesterday...so I became the resident "wet nurse"...not literally, but Praise the Lord we were able to take all 31oz of frozen milk over to them so little Eli could continue to have breast milk and not formula. Edi should be able to nurse again after 48 hours...so late Monday. After all of my blogging about being concerned about my milk supply,and lo and behold the Lord fed two little ones the last couple of days. What a blessing to give it away to my new nephew. Again, who are we to doubt the Lord's provision. In His timing, in his way, and in his proportion.

Caroline and I will venture out this week on our first away trip from her Daddy. We are going to go work at our first of 3 camps called Camp Kid Jam w/ the ReThink Group. Our first camp is this Tues-Sat @ Wake Forest Univ., then at the end of June we will go to Furman, then off to Orlando on July 8. I am sure staying in a dorm room and learning to be oh so flexible will lend itself to some fun stories for the blog next week.

Have I mentioned lately that I love this?

1 comment:

Kelly Moreton said...

wow! she looks so big next to him! i love her double chin!

sorry i couldn't babysit this weekend, i was totally bummed but glad not to pass on my cold to caroline.

let me know when you guys are up for another date and i am there!