Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lessons in the mIddle of the night



Okay...so wow parenting is a major learning curve...knowing what she needs...how to determine a cry...laying down selfishness...it truly isn't about me at this point. When she wakes in the middle of the night...i can choose so many things...to let her cry and make her wait longer to eat...or I can get up and meet her needs. Or try to at that point. With each feeding, and the difficulties that go along w/ that I am reminded that I am not in control. My sweet husband reminded me of that yesterday when I was sad about how much weight she has gained. He reminded me that while she was inside I wasn't in control - Jesus was - and even now - I am not in control- Jesus is! I am thankful!
The other night in the wee morning hours...I was worried about how much she was getting and I pumped an amazing amount at that particular feeding and I felt like the Lord said- "Allison, how dare you doubt my provision for Caroline. I will meet her needs just when she needs them and not a moment sooner. You too, Allison, don't doubt my provision for you and Jason. I will meet your needs just when you need them an not a moment sooner." Ahhh...our Lord knows us well, and knows how to speak to us in the whispers of the night.

She is one month old today! How is that possible already?

No comments: