Wednesday, April 25, 2007

First Picnic



I told Jason over the weekend that I would really like to try to make it a point of coming down to his office once a week to meet him for lunch...so today was our first family lunch out...we had a picnic on the lawn at the church under a tree. It was great. We saw lots of frineds so that was fun.
I realized yesterday and today things that I have, I think always known about myself...but realized it in its fruition yesterday. I LOVE being a homemaker. Yesterday I found great delight in vaccuuming, planting some plants, taking care of Caroline, and making sure we had dinner ready. I believe the Lord has created me for this role...as much as I felt he had created me to be the KidStuf director...for that season that was what I was to do...and now...this is truly the most fun I've had in awhile. Happiness truly is fleeting...JOY on the other hand-this truly is one of the most amazing fruits of the spirit- it is worth choosing everyday, Things are different, really different. I relate to others, see the world, love my husband differently now I think. Things that used to "matter" now mean nothing to me. What matters are the green grass moments...moments when we pause, and take time to take off our shoes and walk in the grass...

No comments: