Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter



Fun pics of our girl in her Easter blue and white searsucker dress!
Honestly, the whole day yesterday felt a bit off for me. I told Jason I didn't feel like I did a good job of preparing my heart for what yesterday was to entail. In a previous life (single, no kids) I used to fast over the weekend, or I would spend Holy week reading the 4 different gospel accounts of what happened to Christ, yet I have found myself absorbed and excited over my daughter wearing her new dress, and my fun new top...instead of amazed at the King and His decision to DIE for ME! So I sadly admit here for all the world, that it is easy, so easy to take for granted what Christ did for us. So with a heavy sigh...the day was great. Church was awesome, I have in-laws who love me and our daughter, it seems trite to even say those things compared to His death.
Does thank you Lord even suffice?

No comments: