Monday, March 17, 2008

Your First Year



My Dearest Caroline- One year ago today we met face to face. How our lives have been changed by you! Your daddy and I are so thankful that the Lord asked us to raise you. I have thought about what today would fee like for quite awhile. It is actually a bit sureal that you have been here a whole year! As I reflect back on those moments that were so painful before you came... I was singing to you, and talking to you when I could catch my breath. I was full of prayer for your safe delivery, and then you came, but still had to be looked over for quite awhile in the transition nursery. Then about 7 hours later, you came to our room to stay. We put you in your UNC outfit b/c the Tar Heels played that night and you had to cheer w/ your daddy. We came home from the hospital on my birthday, and it was the best present ever.
So much happened your first year: 6 round trip plane rides; 3 long car rides to work at camp; lots of dirty diapers; lots of hours spent nursing-painful, difficult hours; lots of playtime outside; 1 ear infection; 1 stomach bug, 8 teeth; learning how to sleep through the night, hold your head up, roll over, sit up, crawl, and now you are so close to walking.
I would say if I could sum your year into one word (and know that just one word for your mom is difficult) it would be JOY!! Not only joy in being your momma,but my dear I do believe you have the fruit of the Holy Spirit in JOY! Most that meet you say that very thing.
As we have just tucked you into your bed on the evening of your 1st birthday, I am thankful for the hours you coming into my life have caused me to spend with Jesus! ...my Caroline, I love you!
Happy Birthday!

No comments: