Monday, March 10, 2008

Rookie Move #2

Okay so I have had several rookie moments through this first year...but feel for sure like this one needs documenting..perhaps only to help myself laugh at it.

I have heard other parents talk about Daylight Savings and how it screws things up for a bit...but I honestly thought we would have no trouble with this. I mean, Caroline is a champion sleeper, and she has switched schedules great when we have go to and fro from KC (which is an hour difference)...but alas...last night it happened.
I think I just didn't think through me having the babysitter put her down at the "normal" time which is 7pm would be a problem...(see we are at small grp on Sunday nights)...when we returned home around 7:20 the girl was awake...babysitter left, we went upstairs for the ritual singing and prayer time, put her down and she LOST it! Holy cow...she hasn't cried like that at bedtime since she was an infant! Ahhhhh!!! She didn't fall asleep until 8:30ish and still for the next 45 min I heard in the monitor those little remnant gasps from when you've cried so hard...ladies you know what I'm talking about...

Soooo anyhoo that is my most recent rookie moment...do I get to still have these when she is 13...I mean I"ll be a rookie at that age since she is our first!

Those are my musings for the day!

Side note: my husband rocks! He totally challenged me last night w/ this. I beat myself up oh so good when something doesn't go "right". He looked at me last night and said "Babe we are going to make mistakes in parenting, and if you get this way over just not thinking through daylight savings your are going to have a long life!"

Holy cow he is so right! Thanks honey for challenging me!

In case you were wondering .... I Love my job!

1 comment:

Heather said...

you are a fabulous mom. this is our first time ... and we definitely will make mistakes their entire life. i remember my dad having to apologize to me for something that he did when i was in college ... a mistake that he made (sending me to Morroco without enough money!) ... so, i guess we'll still be making rookie mistakes when our kiddos are into their 20's!!!!!

daylight savings (spring forward) is always a little crazy. annie is still asleep right now and tuck fell asleep on the way to his baseball game yesterday ...totally weird.

she'll get back on schedule :0)

so good being with you on Saturday.