Friday, January 9, 2009

The Chunk

The dermatologist says that it is a yeast infection and has given us yet two different topicals for Wyatt's toosh. I think there is improvement, but really folks, I've looked at it so much I have no idea any more. We will go see Derm. next Friday the 16th for a look to see if we've gotten over it.
I took Wyatt to the pediatrician today for his one month appointment. Holy cow...one month already. Wyatt is huge compared to Caroline...

Weight: 10 lb. 9 oz (that's right one more lb since last friday) 75%
Length: 23 inches 95%

Everything besides his toosh looks great they said! Hopefully, we'll not see Dr. Cox until February.

I think this time around I am holding Wyatt more...well, when he isn't airing out several hours a day... I am allowing myself that freedom, where with Caroline I don't think I did as much.

I love being a mom. I love watching both of them, watching Caroline reach for Wyatts hand in the double stroller (which does fit through doors), pray for Wyatt, watching his eyes find mine...hearing his little grunts in the night...I love this...I love the fatigue of knowing the huge responsibility the Lord has given us. What a wonderful kind of tired.

1 comment:

K Hill said...

So great to hear how well Wyatt is doing besides his tooshy. I loved your last paragraph about being a mom. It really is such an awesome joy and responsibility and oh what a gift.
We continue praying for the little guys bottom!

The Hills