Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Wyatt remained on a 1/2 liter all day yesterday - however his numbers looked like they were going to need to bump him up in the night again...he was in the low 90's and even dipping into the mid to upper 80's at times. So I was preparing for that to happen again.
Mom stayed the day w/ me and was leaving after the 6pm feeding to go home so Jason could come down to "ring in the new year" w/ me...the nurse came in around 7pm to say hi and she was going over to bump his O2 up and she looked at the oxygen and was like where is he plugged in..I said right there and she said no he isn't his tube isn't attached...well we laughed b/c he was in the upper 80's and low 90's not on O2. So she reattached it and his levels obviously went up. She mentioned this to RT and when he came in he listened and said that his lungs sounded really good and he would just listed each time before I nursed and we'd go from there...but no suction needed. At the 6am feeding Ike (our RT - like the name Darren and Teri? - this is what they are naming number 4 baby to be born in early March...well Isaac and they will call him Ike) came in and he was getting ready to assess him...and I said "Ike, look, he pulled his nasal canula out" Wyatt's number are in the low to mid 90's sleeping...WOW! We have taken him off of O2 since then and he is holding strong! Praise the Lord. I called to tell my dad and he was making sure he had the story straight so he could send an email out to their small group and daddy said "Ok so sometime between 2 and 6am the Lord took Wyatt's O2 tube out and he's been doing fine" I loved that phrasing...the Lord took the O2 tube out...yes He did!
So, I am trying to emotionally prepare that they may have to put him back on O2, even if a little sometime today...but the prayer for all of you b/c I just don't know if I can pray it...is that Wyatt will remain off of O2 for another 24 hours until tomorrow morning and we may just get to bust out of here! Oh sweet Jesus!
Day # 9 here at the hospital might just be our most fun yet!

Happy New Year little Wyatt!

No comments: