Thursday, January 1, 2009

Possibly...

So the doc came in this morning and was thrilled that Wyatt was off Oxygen! We really only talked about that for a couple minutes then attention turned to Wyatt's bottom. He said he would've thought there would be an improvement by now w/ all that we are doing. He now thinks that this is a bacterial infection on his bottom. He began to say things like "if you're nervous to do the antibiotics at home, or don't think you can get in to see your pediatrician tomorrow then we'll keep him and look at it tomorrow"...I was listening to him speak and then said "wait we could go home today?" he said yeah maybe. I said the whole 24 hour thing and he said you know it's really 8-12 hours and making it through a couple of sleep cycles and you could go home. I told him I didn't feel like I could make that call b/c we want to be home so badly. Doc said, okay I'll make the decision. Let's see how he does w/ the first treatment of the antibiotic and I'll be back in this afternoon and let you know what we are going to do.

Honestly, I'd love to go home, but one more night at this point is nothin'! But folks...it could be TODAY!!!
The concern now is his bottom, not his lungs...so great!

No comments: