Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's like a spa



I feel like I am in a spa now that we are home. My bed is oh so comfy...the shower, the towels, food, windows...we are lovin' being home.
On Friday morning we had "Christmas" at our house and it was wonderful. The kids on their matching pj's which they stayed in all day...well, Wyatt did until it was time to air him out. Caroline did a great job opening some presents and is loving her new toys.
Wyatt went to the doc on Friday afternoon and is weighing in at 9 lb 9.5 oz (Caroline wasn't this big until month 2) - so that is great news. His lungs sounded "fully recovered" Dr. Cox said...his poor bottom is another issue, but we are giving these antibiotics an opportunity to really run their course and 3 days in I think we are seeing improvement.

Wyatt spends most of his day laying on his tummy, sans diaper on many layers of towels wrapped in blankets. When I nurse we put him in a diaper w/ some various cream, ointment, antibiotic, or now we've been using some corn starch. After I nurse we rinse him off in the sink, then blow his tush dry w/ the hair dryer. About 2-3x a day we do a little sitz bath...blow him dry etc...so you can imagine how many loads of laundry we've been doing each day...woah! But I think there is improvement. The color is still the same, but the width is shrinking...

Enjoy the pics from the last couple of days.

Oh yeah...Jason just took mom to the airport...a very teary thankful goodbye...I managed to get Caroline bathed and to bed and then Wyatt nursed all by myself. One night down...a bagillion to go! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad you are home and had a merry late cmas!i love that you have a little chunker after caroline the petite little peanut:)