Saturday, December 27, 2008

All Things New

Last night I actually got about 2 different 2.5 hr stretches of sleep! Woo hoo! Wyatt went 4 hours, but after nursing he would then have his breathing treatment and suction and so we'd end up being up about 1.5 hrs...he did well for the most part. Sometimes, it was hard for him to settle back in and go to sleep. The poor little guy also has a killer diaper rash that we can't seem to get rid of. I promise you we are trying everything - even down to naked time w/ the oxygen mask blowing on his toosh. Now we are doing what we did w/ Caroline and have switched him to chlorine free diapers hoping that will make as much of a difference w/ him as it did with her.
This morning when Caroline arrived, my mom stayed w/ Wyatt and we took Caroline over to Perimeter Mall for a little adventure. It was good for me to leave the hospital and have some time w/ the boo! She made her first trip into Claire's and we got some oh so gorgeous necklaces!
Wyatt is about the same today. This process is really a slow one. The doc told us yesterday that it is a "2 steps forward 1 step back" kind of a deal. I feel like yesterday was a bit of a one step back day...today feels the same. He is actually on .5 liter of Oxygen. I am hopeful he can drop to 1/4 liter sometime today and then tomorrow totally come off the oxygen.

I appreciate everyone's concerns w/ how I am doing. I feel like I am getting rest and honestly that the Lord is sustaining me. Providing endurance when at 2am I just don't think I can sing another refrain of Amazing Grace. But then somehow I find myself 4 more songs into the list trying to soothe Wyatt.

Here are the prayers I feel like we have for today: go to 1/4 liter Oxygen, cleared up diaper rash, my cold to go away

Thank you so much! More later as we know it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh girl! it is so hard to think about his little body having a hard time breathing. i know you are getting amazing care there. hope you get to come both get to come home soon. you are in my prayers!

Kfranklin said...

hey sweet friends. we're praying for you guys!