Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sleeping

We made it through the leaving and the night and are back at Northside. When we left, of course hard, and emotional. Jason, sweet Jason had chosen the song for our leaving when we got in the car and I lost it. We had a song for Caroline (obviously "Sweet Caroline") for when we left the hospital w/ her. So last night when I got in the car and he said he'd chosen a song for Wyatt and for us...I lost it. It was "Breathe on Me". The words were so perfect. Then we worshiped the rest of the way home. Singing through our tears and giving our boy into the Lords care. When we got home we unpacked, cried some more - set up the pump and set in for the night. I called at 3am and 6am to check on our boy and he had eaten 60 units at each feeding last night...that is 2 oz...holy cow! Good thing I am full w/ milk this time...I think he will be an eater!
When we arrived (after a long car drive b/c of the traffic) we found out that his levels had only slightly gone up - which is good. He is not on any lights and has been moved back into a normal little bassinet bed. He's all wrapped up sleeping peacefully. They have ordered the circumcision and I am hopeful for later today to be walking out w/ my son! We haven't heard those "official" words but all of the signs are there...no lights, normal bed, and a circumcision...ahhhh what a great day!
Jason here...just wanted to say I never thought I would be excited about a circumcision but really look forward to one this afternoon...Wyatt's that is.

No comments: