Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa comes to Childrens



Wyatt and I had a good night. He slept well and nursed well...all good things in his world. They didn't have to increase his oxygen which is another good thing. Every time before I feed I ask for the respiratory therapist to come and deep suction him (not a pretty thing, but gets the nasty mucus out of his airway (back of throat and nose) and then as needed they do a breathing treatment and then I nurse. He feeds so much better when he has the ability to breathe. Remember that newborns have no idea they can breathe through their mouth, so that is why this is such a nasty thing to have in a newborn.
At the 9am feeding they lowered his oxygen to 1/2 a liter and will try to wean him totally off over the next few hours. He has to be completely off oxygen for 24 hours before we can go home. They have also taken him off of iv fluids b/c he is nursing so well! Thankful for that. Another good thing is that so far none of the cultures are growing from his blood, urine, and spinal fluid...all blessings.
A group of Santa's elves and Santa arrived shortly after mom, dad,Jason and Caroline arrived. They are from a church in Conyers...so thankful for them. They had a bag of newborn toys for Wyatt, and even gave Caroline a puzzle. Makes you so thankful for people who are thinking of someone else today... I feel so selfish b/c I am really only able to think of what's happening w/ Wyatt today. I barely can think of anyone else...I actually asked mom to take Caroline home (for her nap yes) but it is honestly harder to have her here sometimes for a long time b/c I just can't...oh the tears. Don't misunderstand my tears for ungratefulness...I'm just weepy today.

So we're just chillin'

Dad has gone to the airport to get on a flight home to Kansas. Thanks for coming daddy...sorry it looked a little different than we thought.

3 comments:

The Gerborgs said...

praying hard for you guys. you've had a lot to deal with lately, and i know it must be hard. praying for strength for you and sleep too. please, please let us know if we can help in ANY way.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you all during this challenging time. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Heather said...

Alli! I had no idea! I am so sorry!!! Is there anything in the world I can do for you? Do you want anything to eat that I could bring??????

Prayers for you and Wyatt now ... know that I'm praying. Please let me know what I can do.