Monday, December 29, 2008

Time keeps on ticking...

Here's the latest folks.
Last night began looking like it'd be a long one. Mom stayed w/ me while Jason went home to spend the evening w/ Caroline and bathe and put her to bed! Sooooo good for them both. Mom was here w/ me and that was good for my heart. I mean...mom has been here since the 4th and I have been in the hospital 13 of those days! She leaves on Thursday this week...I would love to be home at least by Wed night so we can all be home one night together before she leaves. I miss kicking her butt in the card game spit...a ritual when we get together.

So Wyatt - he stayed on 1 liter of O2 through the night - we are giving him little "sitz" baths for his bottom - we are putting O2 on his bottom several times a day - a yet another cream...silvadine (sp) is what we are going for now. Wyatt was pretty restless until about 3 am b/c of diapers, treatments, vitals etc. But then he calmed and slept until 6am. That means he fed at 12:30am and went all the way to 6 am for the next feeding...that's 5.5 hours folks! In the midst of all of this..that is honestly pretty impressive.

This morning I looked at him and said ok bud we're going to have a good day today. I am going to try not to cry as much, and you do the same. The doc came in and said he's looking good but just know that "this takes time"...I don't know how many times we've heard that...but it's the truth. We are on about day 8 or 9 of him having symptoms... we are in day 6 in the hospital...doc said it can take around 10 days to run it's course. Currently Wyatt is on 1/2 liter of O2...that is an improvement. I pray he can maintain this throughout the day and more importantly throughout the night.

In regards to me...my symptoms are not improving. I am thinking that I have either a sinus infection or sadly the same thing as Wyatt - RSV. Adults can get it too and it is just a BAD cold...but like w/ him there will be no treatment possible...just has to run it's course. I am going to try to sneak to an urgent care facility in between feedings this afternoon and maybe get some drugs to knock this out. When have you ever hoped for a sinus infection...I am today b/c that'll mean I can get some drugs.

The docs have also told us that once we get home they are recommending that we don't venture out for at least a month...and that we are careful about people coming over as well. So just know that we will probably be ultra conservative w/ who we see, when we see you, where we see you...etc. Please don't take anything personally.

Thank you so much for your prayers. The Lords mercies are new every morning. When I sing these words to Wyatt I tear up every time. We all know these words since we were little...but somehow singing them to him makes all the more sense.

" Jesus loves me this I know. For the bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak, but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. The bible tells me so."

I am thankful that is truth. More as we know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Allison and Jason---I am so sorry you guys are going through all of this. I haven't read any of the blogs utill now and I am crying my eyes out for what ya'll have been through. Please know that if there is ANYTHING we can do for you to let us know. We are thinking of you and praying for you and Wyatt!!

With much love!! Laurie and Stuart