Monday, December 22, 2008

Health Update

This is not for the weary...we actually are doing really really well despite...

Wyatt now has Caroline's runny nose and cough but the doc said that he is actually doing really well and there is not a concern w/ a newborn having a cold. He did say we need to watch for changes - mainly difficulty breathing and a fever - so those are our prayers. Side note...ummmm he likes to eat and now weighs 8 lb 14.5 oz...that's right folks...I need to go back and see how long it took Caroline to gain a pound after birth. I do know that is was longer than two weeks!

Caroline however has an ear infection. She's on antibiotics now and honestly we had a little glimmer of our joyful Caroline this afternoon...it was so great.

I have a slight fever today so am heading up to bed now (8:15pm) until the 10pm feeding. I am so very thankful for my mom who is helping like there is no tomorrow.

Oh yeah...did I mention Wyatt likes to eat...well he likes to sleep too and did two 5 hour stretches last night. Here's to hoping this becomes the norm...

I love my life. Even in the midst of snot, poop, umbilical cords that look nasty, antibiotics, and sudafed! We are good.

Just wanted to update those few of you who read.

1 comment:

K Hill said...

Allison -
Thanks for keeping us posted on what's happing at the Hodges' House.

We will be praying for fevers to go down, snot to clear up and coughs to diminish. We will also be praying for milk to continue to flow!

5 hour stretches at night - amazing! Praise the Lord for that and for Grandma's. I know I wouldn't have made it through Maggie's birth and coming home without mine.

Enjoy him while he's little. Don't think he'll stay that way for long.

KH