Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Keeping the Vigil

That's what my mom calls it...keeping the vigil. So it is 5:27am and Wyatt is finally asleep. For those of you Baby Wisers out there this is very hard for me. I am used to letting a baby cry it out and not have sleep aides, like rocking to sleep, a passy, holding him...actually before he got sick Wyatt wasn't crying at all at night anymore - we would nurse and he would sleep sometimes up to 5 hours...then here we are at the hotel Childrens' and when my kids are sick I know it is a different game and I don't let them cry it out. Sooooooo he slept from the 9pm feeding to 12:30 when the RT came in for treatment, I nursed at 1am...and put him down to sleep....and here we are at 5:30am and he is finally sleeping - after one more feeding at 4 am and another RT treatment at 5 am...he had been on 1/2 a liter of O2 all night (I am sure only b/c he wasn't asleep) and I was right b/c as soon as he fell asleep a few min ago he began to go down in his numbers, alarms began sounding so I went and got the nurse and we've just turned his O2 back up to 1 liter.
Oh Lord for a turning point ... his bottom, his O2 levels....something.
Sometimes it is hard to not imagine that it is something much worse that is keeping us here. The doc assures me it isn't...it just flat out (everyone with me now) "TAKES TIME".

Because he is actually sleeping I should be too. More later as I know it.

No comments: