Monday, December 8, 2008

Going Home

I am going home...without my little man. We have had two great nursing sessions at 3 & 6pm. We couldn't go up to the NICU at 9pm b/c of another baby having a procedure done. I have been officially discharged...so I am getting ready to take my pumped milk (and for those of you who followed the Caroline milk/nursing challenge let me tell you that 3 days after birthing Wyatt I just pumped about 6 oz of milk - holy cow!) upstairs to the NICU for my man and to say good night.
I'll go home, pump through the night, probably call the NICU and check in on Wyatt, and come in at 9am to spend some time w/ him. Wyatt's levels went up so he will be under the lights intensively now...so I am preparing my heart that he may not come home tomorrow either. I thought I'd prepared to deal w/ doing this for one day, but not for 2-3 more...but Jason looked at me and said baby you only have to know how to get to 9am tomorrow. So right. I can do that. Then, I remember my boy is sooooo healthy...the Lord has him under control...will meet his needs when I can not...

I am going to go home and get my other baby out of bed and hold her...

We'll post more tomorrow. I am good. My boy is good. It's just not how I saw this playing out. This too shall pass.

1 comment:

Cyndi Lou said...

Allison & Jason,

I am praying for all 4 of you... and praying that you will have His peace... that passes all understanding even while your family is not all home together yet!!

Because He Lives,

Cyndi Rogers