Sunday, December 28, 2008

Today

Last night Wyatt and I both got some good sleep. Thankful for that. However, today has been a hard day. He seems to be in so much pain from his bad diaper rash that it affects how he breathes. So he is bouncing around on 1 liter to a 1/2 liter of O2...can't quite find the way to soothe him. We let him air out while holding an oxygen mask to his toosh (oxygen is a healing agent) but then he pees and that stings his bottom and he freaks out which then causes the cycle to start again. So I believe that if we can get his bottom healed his breathing would improve.
Jason kicked me out w/ my mom this afternoon. Mom and I went to lunch, and then bought some new slippers. I am thankful for the fresh air...but then so glad to be back w/ Wyatt. It breaks my heart to hear him cry. Like he is right now. It's everything from the tape on his face that is irritating, to the rash on his bottom that anytime he goes he cries in pain...to the suction treatment...the only thing that he doesn't cry at is feeding...and when he can fall asleep that...

So pray that his diaper rash really heals. And that our little guy can continue to make it on 1/2 liter O2.

I am so thankful for the nurses and my constant "hey can we try this" suggestions.

Thank you for praying.

7 comments:

K Hill said...

Allison,
That post brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine the frustration you guys are going through. As a mom, you so want to fix it and make it better.
We will continue to pray for you guys - for little Wyatt, for you and Jason, for the doctors and nurses.
Praise that our Heavenly Father is with you always. That He has the answers and the plan and we will know them in His time.
Much love,
The Hills

K Hill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gerborgs said...

we are continuing to pray for you guys. thank you for keeping up the posts, not that you don't have enough going on!! it's great to know how to pray specifically for you. please, please let us know if we can do more.

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

oh my. i just read all of the entries from dec24 on. you poor things. i will be praying for you guys. i cannot imagine how tough this has been. much love, courtney defeo

Kfranklin said...

so i know it isn't funny, but the visual of an oxygen mask over his little tushy does make me giggle a little bit. I can picture the nurses coming in, "umm, ma'am-that isn't where it goes... that isn't his nose." :)
love you my friends!!
k

Unknown said...

Poor little guy!!! And the two of you too!Sorry you have to go through all this. Don't forget you're not alone and hang in there!let us know if there is anything we can do.

Mack said...

Hey guys -

Allison we don't know you but Sean and I taught at Providence with Jason - Please know we are praying for you guys. Our hearts are hurting for you - I know you both must be exhausted. Please know we are asking God for healing for Wyatt and for strength for you both.

Love, - Sean and Mandy Chapman